Total Pageviews

Monday, August 13, 2012

Container eggplants update

Hi all! I know I've been more than a bit negligent about posting but now that my harvests (or lack thereof) are coming in I'm going to try to start posting more updates on how the veggies are doing.

This picture shows you the lackluster results of my container eggplant. They are so small I can't imagine using them in cooking; the largest of the fairy tale eggplants is only about 4 inches. That lovely dark purple veggie next to the fairy tale eggplants shockingly ISN'T an eggplant. It's one of my sweet peppers from the pepper grow bags. I've eaten a few and they were delicious and I love the fun purple color. 

My eggplants appeared to have some sort of microscopic pest bothering it so I sprayed it down with some pest spray and its bouncing back nicely. Well see if it gives another round of veggies that are a bit more useable but I'm not holding my breathe. Happy Monday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment